Van Arden Farms 10-Socket Deep Water Culture (DWC) Hydroponics Kit (Perfect for Seed Starting or Beginners)
It’s here–our first Van Arden Farms-branded product! After years of working with our own DIY DWC kits, we knew what hydro newbies really needed was a plug-and-play system. No need for hole saws. No need for unsightly duct tape applied to holes cut too big. No problems with the plastic expanding over time and the net cups pulling through into the water. Small enough to fit on a counter top or mini-balcony and to be drained in a kitchen sink.
- (1) Reservoir in Citron Green (approx. 2.5-gallon)
- (1) Reservoir lid with neatly pre-cut holes for the net cups
- (1) Electric air pump
- (1) Length of air pump tubing
- (1) Check valve for the air pump
- (1) Air Stone
- (10) Quality net cups with wide lips
- (10) Net collars
Need to know how to set up your 10-Socket DWC Kit? Here is a helpful video. Feel free to post any questions in the comments section below; we are hoping to build a repository of user questions and tips right here.
Check back often, as we will update this page with additional videos relevant to the 10-Socket DWC Kit!
Finally, here are some links to complimentary hydroponic supplies that we recommend. Although, unlike the 10-Socket DWC Kit, these are not branded Van Arden Farms products are an Amazon affiliate and make a small commission when you purchase one of this products as a result of clicking on our links. We only recommend products we have personally used and tested.
- We LOVE Fox Farm food. If you’re just getting started, Grow Big is a good all-purpose food. Be sure to go light on application at first and ease your plants into heavier feeding. Once you have some experience under your belt, you may want to experiment with one of Fox Farm’s multi-part feeding systems.
- The one downside to most Fox Farm nutrients is that they only come in liquid solutions. If you prefer to ship and keep dry nutrients around the house, try General Hydroponics MaxiGro.
- OrganicsRx Sea-Kelp 100 is an awesome addition to your feeding schedule. This is not a nutrient solution, but is used to supplement your nutrient routine. You will see faster, greener growth and, before long, will be putting this on your in-ground plants, the lawn, etc… It’s just that good.
- General Hydroponics’ Ph Test Kit is, by our estimation, the most popular one in the industry. You’ll channel your inner 7th-grade biology student as you start out by testing the Ph of your home water supply and quickly move on to testing every liquid in your house out of sheer curiosity. Probably best to buy two.
- Want to start your seeds in a non-soil medium, such as rockwool? These Grodan 1″x1″ cubes are the ticket.